E2 Visa Businesses

E-2 Investor Visa 

If you have entrepreneurial aspirations, the E-2 investor visa may be the ideal way to come live and work in the United States. The E-2 visa was designed to assist foreign investors who wish to purchase an existing business or set up a new US business.

What is an E-2 treaty investor visa?

The E-2 treaty investor visa is a nonimmigrant visa that allows foreign investors to enter the US and manage/develop their US business.

How do I start this process?

One must check to see if they are from a country that has an E-2 treaty with the United States. Go to travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/fees/treaty.html and check to see if your country is on the list.

How do I find a suitable business for E-2 purposes?

Sunbelt Business Brokers has the knowledge and experience to help you find an ideal business for an E-2 visa. I can help you find a business that has strong financials and a solid future.

How do I know how much money I need to invest in an E-2 business?

To determine how much money you will need to invest in your E-2 business, it will  depend  on the type of business you buy but the investment must be, “substantial” and that means usually half of the total value of the enterprise.   A substantial E-2 visa is at least $100,000 and sometimes closer to $200,000 depending on which country you are from.  If it’s a new business substantial funds must be invested that are normally required to begin the business.

What role does the investor play in the US business once they obtain an E-2 visa?

The E-2 investor must play an active role in the business, however one need not be physically present at the business 9-5 p.m. but must manage and direct the investment enterprise.

Who can help me file an E-2 visa application?

As a business broker, I can assist you with finding the ideal business for E-2 visa purposes. I refer clients to qualified immigration attorneys. A US Immigration Attorney can educate you on the E-2 visa process and assist you with the paperwork necessary to have a successful E-2 case. Please contact Jessica Weiss, Esq. of Weiss & Moy, PC, for assistance with E-2 visa applications at jessicaw@weissiplaw.com, company website  www.weissiplaw.com. She has over 18 years of experience working with E-2 foreign investors, helping small to large foreign business owners from a variety of business types.

The E-2 investor visa is expected to become more popular in the coming years as more foreign investors see the benefits of this type of visa. This type of visa allows for your spouse and children under 21 to join you in the US and your spouse can also  a work permit.

I can help you achieve your dream of owning a US business and living in the US to run that business